Azehrys Chan is a major character within the Lunar Shadow Project.
Complaining about their verbal tics appears to be a massive berserk button for them.
Azehr's part of the tower can be accessed either from entering the Tower from the Top Floor, or from the East or West parts of the Tower. It is possible to fight Azehr without having the Valkyrie Wings; however, it isn't possible to save Valkyrie Horton as the way to the Top Floor becomes blocked off.
Defeating Azehr gives the player a choice between the Lunar Sickle and Zero's Lament, but only one can be chosen, as the other chest will become locked. This also removes a force field in the Top Floor, and the second fight against Alexis Flamberge.
- The last of Azehr's arenas is a remnant of the Lunar Soul area. This can be confirmed by examining the official map of the Lunar Soul Castle.
- There are a lot of bugs associated with Azehr in version 4a of Lunar Shadow:
- If Azehr is holding onto Serenity while one of their phases is defeated, the player will be stuck in limbo, requiring the player to reset and do it all over again.
- The arena can be left by using the Arcanum Infinity.
- Doing this in the first phase makes Azehr disappear completely, without setting flags 1266 to 1271 (which relate to Azehr's forms being defeated). As such, this renders the game unwinnable.
- Doing this after the first phase lets the player save and return, skipping the first phase in future attempts.
- The player will be trapped in the final arena (Tower AT) after the battle is finished. This can be fixed by saving and then reloading the game.
- After defeating Azehr's second phase, there is a cutscene where Serenity says "I've beaten Sycor, and I was weaker then than I am now. You really think a silly toaster like you can stop me?". However, if the player hasn't defeated Sycor in the Laboratory yet, she will say "Oh, please! I may be young but don't underestimate me just because I'm 13." instead. As the Reservoir (and thus, the Tower) cannot be accessed unless the player goes through the Laboratory first, it's impossible to get that message without cheating - while the only other way from the Entrance to the Tower is through Servant Quarters ET, there is a shutter that only disappears when Grialdyn is defeated.
- Azhrys's design is based off of Balrog, a minor antagonist from Cave Story.