Iquarox is the tenth planet in the Serenth galaxy.
- Pronunciation: ikwu-róks
- IPA: /ɪˈkwʊrɔːks/
Newerth takes about 365¼ days to orbit around the sun, and has 24 hours in a day, similar to Earth.
For reasons unknown, Iquarox has five seasons. The seasons are global, and do not occur at different times in different hemispheres.
- Spring occurs during January, February and March.
- Summer occurs during April and May.
- Autumn occurs during June and July.
- Winter occurs during August, September and October.
- Toximn occurs during November and December.
Toximn is a season that makes the air of the planet highly toxic to breathe in - thus making gas masks important to wear for beings not immune to it. The fauna and flora of Iquarox is immune to this toxic air. Somehow, the toxicity in the air makes the ground suitable for planting, which is perfect for the coming spring, allowing crops to flourish.
Iquarox has five natural continents. However, a sixth one is currently being constructed.
- Coatl is a natural continent named after the mythical quetzal of autumn.
- Izanari is a natural continent named after the mythical eagle of toximn.
- Marshussu is an artificial continent named after the mythical phoenix that fathered Tiamat. Construction began on 21 October 2016.
- Quinzal is a natural continent named after the mythical parrot of summer.
- Ximenesia is a natural continent named after the mythical owl of winter.
- Zsigmondy is a natural continent named after the mythical hawk of spring.
Iquaroxan mythology states that there are six mythical birds that played a very vital part in Iquarox's history. Marshussu, the most powerful of them, was a most vile phoenix feared throughout the world. However, five other birds became as powerful as they could so that they may protect the innocent. They were:
- Coatl, the cowardly, polite quetzal of the autumn.
- Izanari, the brave, stoic eagle of the toximn, and the son of Izanami, the eagle of the ocean, and Izanagi, the eagle of the thunder.
- Quinzal, the silly, quick parrot of the summer.
- Ximenesia, the rude, shy owl of the winter.
- |Zsigmondy, the blind, deaf hawk of the spring.
At the time, the five natural continents were one continent named Coanzasidy. Together, the five birds battled against Marshussu as his wife Martablilu gave birth to Tiamat. The five birds ended up winning the battle, but as a result, Coanzasidy split into the five natural continents known today.